Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How do I function on 3 hours of sleep a night?


It was bound to happen sooner or later - Lil Sugar has become mobile. We thought she might start walking and skip crawling all-together but last Wednesday she figured it out and now there is no stopping her. This is of course an important developmental milestone for her and we are proud of her, BUT... Why did it have to start on one of the busiest work weeks I've had?

Now that Lil Sugar is mobile it is a lot harder for me to get anything done while she's awake. Fortunately she does still like to play in her bouncer sometimes and she does still like her toys but as soon as she gets just the least bit bored it's off to bite the lamp cord or pull magazines out of the rack or see if the dog brought in any clumps of mud that Mommy hasn't seen yet to eat. Long story short - I'm just not getting much done while she's awake now so I'm staying up late instead and I'm tired.

This morning Lil Sugar woke up shortly before her Daddy left for work but she was still very sleepy so after he was gone and we were dressed I laid down with her on the couch and put her back to sleep and took a little nap myself too - pure bliss! I just wish I was still asleep like she is, instead I'd better push the "publish post" button and get some work done!


Just a note - Jody & I's new site is still under construction - family and work got in the way of blogging since they are certainly more important - family is the most important thing and work, well work lets you eat, have a roof over your head and other things like that so it is important too - anyway we are running a little behind schedule but trust me we're working on it - not like the highway repair crew down the road!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Well, you knew it had to happen. As you said, family comes first, and work will wait. Make sure you're taking care of yourself. If you get sick you'll get even less done.

The Hunter's Wife said...

Yes, family comes first and work of course. Sleep is important and you seriously need a good night of that!

Sue said...

Oh, lack of sleep doesn't do the body good. :) Congrats on her new accomplishments. My advise is lots of gates and plug covers. We did our best to make the house as safe as possible. We were able to gate the girls in their playroom or the family room and know they were as safe as you can get. It really does help to take the edge off.

SimplyOutdoors said...

Oh no...a mobile baby. It sounds like you are going to have your hands full.

It is only a matter of time before I have the same problem.